“Ask and keep on asking and it will be given to you; seek and keep on seeking and you will find; knock and keep on knocking and the door will be opened to you.”
Matthew 7:7 AMP
- Have you ever lost something that was extremely valuable to you, at the time?
- The other day I set my keys down as I was working on things.
- I just set them down, for some reason, with all the intentions of picking them back up.
- At that moment, they weren’t as valuable as what I needed to carry.
- Then about an hour later, I needed to drive somewhere and I went looking for my keys.
- I looked and looked and searched and searched.
- I said to everyone around me, “Has anyone seen my keys?”
- Then I incorporated everyone around me to help in the search for my keys.
- Why? Because, now they were extremely valuable!
- The keys were not my destination but the keys were the tools that would help me get to my destination.
- I didn’t give up and say to myself, “I guess I’ll just stay home and not go anywhere.”
- After searching, high and low, far & near, and with the help of others, I found my keys.
- I kept searching until I found them.
- That is the essence of what Jesus is saying in this scripture about prayer.
- Jesus tells you to ask him for the things you need.
- Why? Because He is your source!
- What is it that you need from Jesus, today?
- Ask, not just once or twice but keep on asking.
- Seek after it and keep seeking until you find it!
- Jesus, is your source and you are going to your source for your supply.
- Jesus doesn’t mind when you ask, He actually tells you to ask!
- So what is your need today?
- Is it a physical, mental, emotional, financial or spiritual need?
- Go to Jesus and ask and keep on asking!
- Ask like a child who knows that the only way that they are going to get what they want, is if you get it for them!
- Keep on asking and you will receive!
- Have a great Monday!