““Then he said, “Don’t be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day you began to pray for understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your request has been heard in heaven. I have come in answer to your prayer.” (Daniel 10:12 NLT)
- Have you ever felt like your prayers are not being answered or that maybe you are doing something wrong?
- That doesn’t necessarily have to be true.
- Right here in the book of Daniel, it shows his position before God. In verse 12 it says that Daniel humbled himself before God and God saw him.
- In verse 11 it says that Daniel was “very precious to God.”
- Daniel wasn’t doing anything wrong, actually, he was doing everything right.
- The problem was that a spiritual battle of great magnitude was taking place.
- The Prince of Persia was preventing Daniel from receiving God’s message!
- Because of this conflict, Daniel had to wait 21 days for the revelation.
- This incident gives us a glimpse of the unseen battles going on in the spiritual realm.
- Notice, that God had responded to Daniel’s prayer but the answer was delayed for 21 days by demonic forces.
- So what can we learn from this?
- When you feel a delay, Don’t quit and don’t give up, just pray persistently!
- You may be closer to the breakthrough than you ever thought.
- What’s the worst that could happen? You could get closer and more dependent on God!
- I encourage you to read the Parable of the persistent widow in Luke 18:1-8, where Jesus teaches his disciples to pray and not give up!
- Whenever you face spiritual opposition or you feel like your prayers are not being answered, pray all the more!
- Ask, Seek and Knock!
- God sees you, knows you and understands!
- Continue to be persistent!
- He will answer, but in will be in His timing and His way!
- Have a great Thursday!