“For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.”
(2 Corinthians 3:17 NLT)
- Freedom! We all want freedom, don’t we?
- It means that you are no longer trapped.
- Freedom means that you are no longer in bondage.
- And this scripture says that, where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom!
- This scripture can also be interpreted as, “Wherever the Spirit of God is allowed to be Lord, there is freedom”
- That changes things a little, doesn’t it?
- But you can actually read it that way.
- So, the question is, are you allowing the Spirit of God to be Lord of your life?
- Or, are there places in your life which He is not allowed to go?
- Because when He is allowed to be Lord over every part of your life, physically, mentally, emotionally, relationally, financially and spiritually then you will experience Freedom in that area of your life.
- Is He allowed to be Lord over your emotions? Or, are there areas where you have a tight grip?
- Is He allowed to be Lord over your relationships, or are there areas of unforgiveness and resentment?
- Let me encourage you to examine every area of your life and ask yourself the question, “Is He truly Lord?”
- Because, the level that He is allowed to be Lord, will be the level of freedom that you will experience.
- Pray this prayer, from Psalm 139, “Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.”
- He will lead you into total freedom if you are willing to make Him Lord!
- Have a great Monday!