“Then he said, “Now pick up the other arrows and strike them against the ground.” So the king picked them up and struck the ground three times.” 2 Kings 13:18 NLT
- Elisha the prophet was sick and suffering from an illness that he would die from.
- King Jehoash, King of Israel was under attack by Aram.
- King Jehoash comes to the Prophet Elisha for help and Elisha tells home to shoot the arrows and strike the ground with the arrows.
- Shooting the arrows and then striking the ground was a symbolic action, predicting that Israel was going to defeat the attacks by Aram.
- It was a pledge that God would keep Israel safe!
- By sticking the ground only 3 times, King Jehoash was showing that he lacked the faith, zeal and commitment necessary for the Lord to fulfill His promise.
- Because of this, King Jehoash would not completely defeat his enemies.
- “But the man of God was angry with him. “You should have struck the ground five or six times!” he exclaimed. “Then you would have beaten Aram until it was entirely destroyed. Now you will be victorious only three times.”” (2 Kings 13:19 NLT)
- Let this be a lesson to us about never settling, spiritually, no matter how far we have come.
- God wants you and me to have complete victory in every area of our lives.
- Romans 8:37 says that “We are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.”
- ”More than conquerors” means, “Don’t settle!”
- If God has more for you, then where have you become complacent?
- Where have you settled, physically, mentally, emotionally or spiritually!
- Today, Strike the Ground!
- Strike it once by digging into the Word of God and using it as your Sword to defeat the enemy!
- Strike it again by praying and seeking His face!
- Strike it again by writing down the promises that Jesus gives us in scripture and claiming them as a Child of God!
- Strike it again as you speak the blessing of the Lord.
- Strike it again by disciplining someone in their walk with the Lord.
- Strike it again as you set some spiritual goals as to what you want your spiritual life to look like a year from now!
- Keep striking, keep believing, Keep trusting, keep praying!
- Have a great Wednesday!