“These instructions are not empty words—they are your life!” DEUTERONOMY 32:47
- Here are some of Moses’ final words to the children of Israel before they enter the Promised Land.
- He says that Gods words, which were His instructions, were Life!
- If you follow them, they lead to life.
- If you disregard them, you are headed in the direction of death!
- That’s pretty important!
- The Word of God is not just something to observe but they are words to live out, embrace and reflect!
- Just as he said, “They are your life.”
- Then Jesus comes and He is the Word in flesh!
- John 1:14 says, “The Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.”
- ”Dwelt among us” is connected to the word for “tent/tabernacle”
- That word would have reminded the readers of the “Tent of meeting”, where God tabernacled with His people.
- The Tent of meeting was filled with the glory of the Lord.
- So, Moses was saying that by following the “instructions” or “Word of God”, you have life.
- This means that by holding onto the “Word”, Jesus, and following His instructions, you have Life!
- Today, embrace Jesus with all that you have.
- Walk with Him!
- Talk with Him!
- Tabernacle with Him.
- And let the glory of the Lord, fill your temple.
- Just as 1 Cor. 6:19 says, “Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you”
- That is where True Life is found!
- Behold Him! Behold His greatness and goodness! Behold True Life!
- Have a great Weekend!