“The people refused to enter the pleasant land, for they wouldn’t believe his promise to care for them.” (Psalms 106:24 NLT)
- They refused to enter!
- That’s a powerful statement!
- The NIV translation says that they “Despised the pleasant land”
- Why you you despise Gods blessing and God’s promise?
- It’s all because they would not believe that He was able to defeat the Giants in the land.
- They viewed God based on how they saw themselves.
- Numbers 13:33 says, “We even saw giants there, the descendants of Anak. Next to them we felt like grasshoppers, and that’s what they thought, too!”
- Instead of focusing on their great Redeemer; The One who had brought them out of Egypt and out of bondage.
- Instead of seeing how God had parted the Red Sea and brought them through on dry ground and then swallowed up the Egyptian’s in that same sea, behind them, they chose to focus on the giants in the land.
- They allowed fear to overtake their focus.
- Their view of themselves shaped their view of God and it kept them from entering into His promise.
- It makes me wonder, how many of us have not entered into the promises that God has for us because of what we choose to focus on.
- When Philippians 4:19 says, “My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus”; Are we more enamored by the size of our debt that we are incapable of Seeing God as our Provider?
- When Deuteronomy 31:8 says, “The Lord, He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed.”
- And Romans 8:31 says, “If God is for us, who can be against us?”
- Why would we live our life feeling abandoned, empty and alone?
- When Ephesians 1:3 says that God has “blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ”; Why would we walk around depressed and feeling like we are under a curse?
- That is refusing to enter His promise.
- He has Promises that He has placed in scripture that we are to lay ahold of and claim as our own.
- 1 Peter 2:24 says, “By His wounds you have been healed.” This means that Healing is already ours.
- We, as Gods children, need to dig into His Word and dig into His promises and walk in His promises just like the Children of Israel needed to walk into the promised Land.
- Today, remind yourself of the promises of God. Dig through scripture and discover Gods promises that are for you!
- This is the Truth that you need to hold onto.
- Have a great Tuesday!