“Until the time that his word came to pass, The word of the Lord tested him.”
(Psalms 105:19 NKJV)
- Do you know what time it is?
- Is it God’s time or your time?
- This Psalm is talking about Joseph. The young man who had a dream.
- That dream really got him in trouble.
- His brothers hated him to the point of throwing him into a pit and then selling him as a slave.
- Eventually he finds himself in prison in a foreign land and verse 18 says, “They bruised his feet with fetters and placed his neck in an iron collar.”
- Joseph was the farthest that a person can get from seeing their dream fulfilled.
- His dream showed his father and brothers bowing down to him but his reality had him locked up in prison.
- I’m sure if Joseph was in control of his circumstances, that things would have gone a lot different.
- Joseph’s time would have been much faster but God is always on time!
- He’s never late and never early!
- He is always right on time.
- The time it took to test and develop His character.
- God’s timing is all about character and Joseph’s character was a work in progress.
- If Joseph had settled for speed, it would have resulted in an underdeveloped character.
- It would be a character that couldn’t handle the promise that God had for Him.
- And it’s the same for you and me!
- Never settle for speed!
- Yes, you may be uncomfortable.
- You may find yourself in pain.
- But much like Joseph, you are a work in progress and Gods not finished with you yet!
- Philippians 1:6 says, that “He who has begun a good work in you will complete it…”
- He will finish what he started as long as you are a willing vessel!
- Are you willing to be shaped and molded into the vessel that your Maker has planned?
- Don’t grow impatient!
- Trust in Gods timing!
- James 1:4 says, “Let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.”
- Patience with Gods timing will result in being perfect and complete for Gods purposes!
- Today, wait patiently on the Lord and His timing!
- His Word will come to pass in His time!
- Have a great Tuesday!