“After that generation died, another generation grew up who did not acknowledge the Lord or remember the mighty things he had done for Israel.” (Judges 2:10 NLT)
- This is a sad verse, but it should serve as a warning to all of us.
- This is the generation after the Lord’s great leader Joshua had passed away.
- They did not follow in His ways and His love for the Lord.
- They did not trust the Lord and obey Him with all of their heart.
- They allowed compromise to creep in.
- They tolerated sin.
- They didn’t follow through with all that they were commanded to do.
- Time and time again, in the book of Judges, we see this familiar story, “But they failed to drive out the people living in the plains, who had iron chariots.” (Judges 1:19 NLT)
- Why is that important?
- It says, “They failed”
- Failure is the opposite of success.
- God told them to completely drive out the enemy living in the land.
- They worshipped other gods.
- They were immoral
- They had different values.
- God knew that if they remained that they would eventually influence the children of God and pull them away from God and that is exactly what happened.
- Whatever you tolerate will eventually Dominate.
- They Lord wanted to cleanse the land and purify the land and bring His people into the Land.
- It was a gift to them and was meant to be a place where they could worship Him as the One True God. But they failed!
- And wherever you fail in fully obeying God, the enemy succeeds.
- Today, evaluate your life, your morals, you obedience and your choices.
- What are your spiritual goals?
- What are you passing on to the next generation?
- Let you life be driven by this verse: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- Because, Failure is not an option!
- Have a great Tuesday!