“Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.” (Psalms 23:4 NLT)
- My heart goes out to these families in Nashville, TN, who are currently going through the darkest valley due to a senseless mass shooting and losing a family member or loved one.
- Let’s be praying that they turn to the Lord for His comfort during this time.
- Psalm 34:18 says, “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.”
- Even when we feel crushed and broken beyond repair, He can still mend, restore and heal.
- And Psalm 23:3 says, “Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me.”
- Notice, he says, “When”.
- He doesn’t say “if”
- He says “When”
- We will all go through dark valleys in life.
- Some more difficult than others.
- “The darkest valley” means “The worst circumstances that life can bring you”
- The most important thing to realize is, who is close beside you.
- When the Lord is beside you, He can give you the comfort you need to get through it .
- He can give the kind of comfort that no one else can.
- Matthew 5:4 says, “God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted.”
- In the darkest of all dark valley’s, you can find His comfort!
- He won’t abandon you.
- It’s when He is the closest.
- Remember, as we pray for these families, that the same comfort, that the Lord gives them, He can also give you!
- His Grace is strong enough and Big enough to reach every person.
- He wants you to turn to Him
- He wants you to embrace Him.
- He wants to love on you.
- He wants you to discover peace in His presence.
- Today, remember to run to Him, not away from Him!
- He is waiting for you and His arms are wide open!
- Have a great Tuesday!