“I deliberately kept it plain and simple: first Jesus and who he is; then Jesus and what he did—Jesus crucified.” (1 Corinthians 2:1-2 MSG)
- Are you simple?
- Simple in sharing the message of Jesus with those around you?
- Or are you someone who likes to get caught up in debates and differences about theological issues?
- I love what the apostle Paul says here.
- He could have very easily had tried to impress people with his knowledge and wisdom.
- But, the Apostle Paul chose to keep it simple.
- He said, “I didn’t try to impress you with polished speeches and the latest philosophy. I deliberately kept it plain and simple.”
- Lets try to model Paul.
- Lets keep it simple.
- Here was his message: Jesus and who He is and, Jesus, what He did, Jesus crucified.
- Your message should be Jesus.
- You should be an imitator of Jesus.
- Your life should be a reflection of Jesus.
- When people see you all they should see is Jesus.
- When people hear you, all they should hear is the words of Jesus.
- When people watch you, all they should see is the actions of Jesus.
- Love people like Jesus loved.
- Forgive people just like Jesus forgives.
- Touch people’s lives like Jesus touched.
- When you encounter the world around you they should be encountering Jesus.
- Keep it simple.
- Have a great Weekend!