“Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me! For my soul trusts in You; And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, Until these calamities have passed by.”
(Psalms 57:1 NKJV)
- Where do you run to when troubles and difficulties hit?
- The Psalmist David said, “In the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge.”
- This is during a time when David was being hunted down by King Saul.
- King Saul wanted to kill David out of jealousy and it was a demonic spirit that came upon him.
- The shadow of God’s wings represents Gods love, Gods protection, His strength and His presence.
- We find safety under those wings when we come to Him in prayer and rely on Him in faith!
- During David’s most difficult time, he cries out to the Lord for mercy and in verse 2 he says, “I cry out to God Most High, to God, who vindicates me. He sends from heaven and saves me”
- David was confident in the Lords protection and His provision!
- He says, “I will make my refuge, Until these calamities have passed by.”
- Just like David, run to the Lord and call on His name for the protection that you need!
- Like David, you can confidently say “I will” know and experience Gods love, when the world and everything evil is coming against me!
- You can boldly say, “I will” experience Gods protection, this day and “I will” hold on to His promises like Psalm 91:15, which says, “I can call on Him , and He will answer me; He will be with me in trouble, He will deliver me and honor me. With long life God will satisfy me and show me His salvation.”
- Your salvation is found in the Lord’s presence, Today!
- There will be a day that the trouble will pass but as you go through it, you can find your protection in His presence!
- He will protect and provide for you!
- Trust in Him because He is completely trustworthy!
- Have a great Monday!