“Then the Lord opened Balaam’s eyes, and he saw the Angel of the Lord standing in the way with His drawn sword in His hand; and he bowed his head and fell flat on his face.”
(Numbers 22:31 NKJV)
- Three times, Balaam’s donkey saw what he should have seen!
- Three times the Angel of the Lord stood in the way to block him from meeting with King Balak, who wanted to use him to curse God’s people.
- The Lord had clearly spoken to Balaam, in verse 12, and said, “You shall not go with them; you shall not curse the people, for they are blessed.”
- 3 is significant. 3 is the number of completeness. As in, “ Balaam is completely going against the Lord and He is giving him a stern warning 3 times.
- So why could a donkey see the Angel of the Lord but Balaam could not?
- I believe that he was blinded by “the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life. 1 John 2:16 tells us that this “is not of the Father but is of the world.”
- He was being bribed by King Balak with money, recognition and pride.
- And Balaam was completely blinded by the Kingdom of this world, to the point of not being able to see the kingdom of God.
- He was so blind, spiritually, that God had to use a donkey to see what He should have seen.
- Could it be that we are so blinded by the god of this world, that we no longer see the things of The Lord?
- As you read this, ask the Lord to forgive you for any time that you may have been blinded by this world and the things of this world.
- Repent of those things.
- Ask the Lord to open your spiritual eyes so that you can see the kingdom of God and have a firm grasp of God’s kingdom.
- That you would hold Gods kingdom in higher regard than the kingdom of this world!
- Our prayer should be, “Lord, open our eyes to your kingdom. Help us to see you clearly and to love what you love and hate what you hate. Help us to seek your kingdom, first!”
- Open our eyes, Lord!
- Have a great Wednesday!