“You are blessed because you believed that the Lord would do what he said.”
(Luke 1:45 NLT)
- Mary, who was pregnant with baby Jesus had just met Elizabeth.
- Elizabeth was pregnant with John the Baptist and as soon as they met, John, leaped in his mothers womb!
- And scripture says that Elizabeth was blessed!
- The Amplified Version reads this way:“blessed [spiritually fortunate and favored by God] is she who believed and confidently trusted that there would be a fulfillment of the things that were spoken to her [by the angel sent] from the Lord.””
- She didn’t just believe with her mind, she believed in her heart, and it was reflected in her actions!
- She “confidently trusted that there would be a fulfillment”
- She trusted all the way through to the fulfillment.
- She knew that God would not stop half way.
- He’s not a half way God!
- He is a God who finishes what He starts!
- She trusted in the God of fulfillment.
- Just like Noah, who was told to build a boat. His faith was shown in his actions, as he began building the boat!
- That’s the type of confident trust that she had.
- Philippians 1:6 says, “being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”
- Has God started a work in you?
- Has he planted any promises in your heart?
- If so, don’t give up!
- Don’t quit!
- He will finish what He started!
- Yield to Him and the Spirit of God inside of you.
- Trust in Him and work with Him as He finishes what He started… all the way to its completion!
- Have a great Tuesday!