"Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you." (James 4:7, 8 NIV)
- Do you know that you are as close to God as you want to be.
- James 4:8 says, Come near to God and HE WILL come near to you.
- Not "He might" or "He could"... It says "He Will"
- The condition is that you come Near first.
- Part of coming close to God is that we Humble ourselves.
- To Humble yourself means that you must remove all pride.
- Quit trying to be self sufficient and think that your way is best.
- Allow God to direct your way.
- Allow Him to be Lord.
- Trust that where He is leading you is best.
- Don't complain every time you go through difficulties...He may be allowing them so that you become less reliant on your self and learn to totally rely on Him.
- God is more concerned about your Character than your Comfort!
- In James 4:8, it continues by saying that in order to come close to God, we must "Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world."
- If you are going to be close to Him, you've got to realize that you have a God who is Holy living on the inside of you.
- We are given a command in 1 Peter 1:16, God says, "Be holy because I am Holy."
- We can only do that by relying on His Grace and His power.
- you've got to humble yourself, because there is no way you can do that on your own.
- Your loyalty has to be 100% for God.
- You can't try to live part of your life for God and part of your life trying to be accepted by the world.
- It can't be divided ...Your identity must be IN Him.
- James 4:4 gets right to the point and says," You adulterers! Don’t you realize that friendship with the world makes you an enemy of God? I say it again: If you want to be a friend of the world, you make yourself an enemy of God."
- That's some strong language..."Adulterers", but that's exactly what we are when we choose anything or anyone over God.
- Choose to draw close to Him today, but realize that there may be some things that you need to lose or get rid of when you do that.
- You must be single-minded.
- Prov. 3: 5-6 says, "Trust in the LORD with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take."
- Trust in Him with all your heart.
- Seek His will in all you do.
- When you do that He will lead you in the Best way!
- He always leads you and directs you into The Best!
- Make the decision today to Come close to Him.
- Don't let anything stand in the way.
- Have a great Monday!