“Keep [actively] watching and praying so that you do not come into temptation; the spirit is willing, but the body is weak.” (Mark 14:38 AMP)
- Jesus had taken his disciples with him to the garden of Gethsemane for the purpose of praying.
- He was about to be handed over to sinners and crucified.
- He was about to take the sin of the world upon himself and he tells his disciples, “Sit here while I pray”
- Then he says, “My soul is deeply grieved and overwhelmed with sorrow, to the point of death; remain here and keep watch.”(v. 34)
- Then verse 37 says, “He came and found them sleeping, and said to Peter, “Simon, are you sleeping? Could you not watch one hour?”
- Jesus shows us that when we are in our greatest stress, we need to pray!
- Your body will tell you that you are tired but you need lean into the Spirit of God, who says, you need to pray it through.
- Whatever you are going through, today, and whatever trouble you are facing, don’t yield to your flesh, instead, yield to the Spirit of God who lives in you!
- Jesus said, “Spirit is willing”. Just stop right there and agree with the Spirit of God!
- If you agree with the Spirit of God, then you are disagreeing with your flesh!
- As you agree with the Spirit of God, you will know the heart of God and you will pray through the most troubling times.
- Agree with the Spirit and talk to your flesh and Say, “Flesh, I am not going to give in to you today!”
- Speak to your Body and say, “Today I am rising up and praying this thing through and Grabbing ahold of the Victory through Christ Jesus!
- The flesh will tell you to quit when things get hard but the Spirit of God is telling you , “You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.” (Philippians 4:13)
- Today, say “No” to the Flesh and “Yes” to the Spirit.
- Have a great Weekend!