What We Believe
1. THE BIBLE. We believe the Scripture, both Old and New Testaments, is verbally inspired of God and is without error in the original writings and is the Christian’s final authority in faith and conduct.
2. GOD. We believe in one eternal God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and that He has revealed Himself in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. JESUS CHRIST. We believe in the virgin birth of the Lord Jesus Christ and that He became man without ceasing to be God in order to reveal God and to redeem man. He is the sinless substitutionary sacrifice for our sins and arose bodily from the dead for our justification. He is now exalted at the right hand of God, head of the church, and Lord of the individual believer, fulfilling His ministry as our Great High Priest and Advocate.
4. THE HOLY SPIRIT. We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ. We believe that He convicts the world of sin, regenerates and converts sinners, and baptizes them into the Body of Christ. We believe that He indwells, guides, instructs and empowers the believer for godly living and service, and that He seals and keeps him until the Lord comes.
5. MAN. We believe that man was created in the image of God, but that he sinned, incurring not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is separation from God, and which is inherited by every member of Adam’s race. We believe that man is subject to the power of the devil and has within himself no possible means of recovery or salvation.
6. THE MEANS OF SALVATION. We believe that salvation from the guilt and condemnation of sin is possible only as the gift of God’s grace. We believe that it cannot be gained by good resolutions, sincere efforts, nor submission to the rules, regulations, or ordinances of any church, but is freely given to all who put their faith in Christ and trust in the work which Christ accomplished on the cross of Calvary (Ephesians 1:6-7; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5; 1 Peter 1:23).
7. THE BELIEVER’S SECURITY, ASSURANCE AND RESPONSIBILITY. We believe that all the saved, those in whom God has accomplished His transforming work of grace, are kept by His power. It is their privilege to rejoice in the assurance of their salvation. However, this assurance must not be the occasion for sin, for God in His holiness cannot tolerate persistent sin in His children, and in infinite love He corrects them. We believe that true faith in Christ is expressed by a fruitful, God-pleasing life (John 10:27-29; Romans 8:19-39; 1 John 5:13; Hebrews 12:6; Matthew 7:20; James 2:20).
8. THE ETERNAL STATE. We believe that the souls of those who trust in the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation do, at death, immediately pass into His presence. We believe that unbelievers will be punished with everlasting separation from the presence of the Lord and the glory of His power.
9. THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST. We believe in the imminent, personal, pre-millennial second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and love and wait for His appearing (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 3:1-4; Matthew 24:29-44; 2 Timothy 4:8).
10. THE CHURCH. We believe that the true church is composed of all who, through saving faith in Jesus Christ, have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit, that those who are thus members of the true church will be eligible for membership in the local church. We believe that Water Baptism and the Lord’s Supper are to be observed by the church.
11. THE GREAT COMMISSION. We believe that the great commission of our Lord Jesus Christ to carry the gospel message to the entire world is literal, imperative, and binding today (Matthew 28:19-20; Matthew 9:38; Mark 16:15; Revelation 5:9; James 5:20; Psalms 2:8)
LifePoint Community Church exists to introduce people to the Good News of Christ, and to help them develop into mature followers of Jesus.